- M • 03/07/1990 • 31 years old
- La Turballe
Having already flown its flag, in 2016, during the Mongol Rally (an intercontinental car rally with a humanitarian vocation between London and Ulan-Ude, in Russia), this time Victor Eonnet is supporting the Arthritis Foundation – whose aim is to heal rheumatism and musculoskeletal disease – in the Mini Transat. The mission: to help to raise funds for a thesis on lupus, with a view to showing how this disease affects more women than men.
Shining a spotlight on the structure is not the only aim of the skipper from Amiens in northern France, who has been dreaming about the race for the past ten years. It is a race he discovered in an article in Voiles et Voiliers magazine. “That inspired me straightaway. It was pretty frustrating that for several years I wasn’t able to realise the project, but as soon as I began working, it finally felt achievable and I bought my Mini 6.50”, explains the Franco-Canadian, who was committed to his studies at business school for a long while, before becoming head of central logistical performance for the Clarins brand.
“I hope I can bring my A game and finish the race with no regrets”, announces the skipper of the Pogo 2 Fondation Arthritis – Amiens Naturellement, for whom performance is not a priority, despite his racing background in Laser and then Star. “I want to be able to focus on what I’m going to experience, rather than a mere result”.
- Boat Number: 525
- Boat Race Name: Fondation Arthritis - Amiens Naturellement
- Category: Serie
- Building year: 2004
- Modèle: Pogo 2
- Énergie à bord: Panneaux solaires et hydro générateur
- École Maurice Chevance Bertin, 60440 Nanteuil le haudouin
- Ecole Saint Jean XXIII, 44000 Nantes
- Facebook: Victor Eonnet - Mini Transat 2021
- Instagram: @fonce_alphonse_mini_2021
- Website: https://fondation-arthritis.org/une-transat-pour-la-recherche/