43 years old
In a relationship
Methods engineerGo to skipper medias
“To stay alive and finally get to know myself!”
By taking the start of the Mini-Transat La Boulangère, Louis-Xavier Lamiraud is making an ‘old dream’ come true. And he can count on a solid amount of experience having roamed the Atlantic for several years, before criss-crossing other seas around the globe with the French Navy. Since then, he’s been working in the Methods office of a firm manufacturing composite parts for race boats (Ultimes, IMOCA), though a fair amount of his life is still spent on the water.
Louis-Xavier Lamiraud purchased a Mini (Ginto series) launched in 2004, aboard which he has participated in a string of events on the circuit going all the way back to 2012! “Financially accessible, she’s an elegant and slender sail boat with great lines that I’ve become rather fond of. She’s also a boat that likes the light airs”, points out Louis-Xavier, who is participating in his first Mini-Transat. “I want to experience this adventure, to stay alive and finally get to know myself!” explains this enthusiast of reading, chess and meditation, who tries to live his life according to the Roman philosopher Marcus Aurelius: “He who lives at peace within themselves lives at peace within the universe.”
Nautical track record:
- Family sailing trips in the Atlantic (Canaries, Senegal, Cape Verde, transatlantic and Caribbean passages) from 1989 to 1991
- Delivery trip from the Azores - Toulon in 1996.
- Sailor in the French Navy (Indian Ocean, Red Sea, South-East Asia, etc.) from 1997 to 2005
- Mediterranean and Atlantic races and cruises
- Participation in races on the Mini circuit since 2012