Located in the south of Martinique, the city of Le Marin is one of the first destinations in the South Caribbean for yachting and pleasure boats, thanks to its port equipped with 750 berths and about a hundred anchorage buoys.
The development dynamic initiated for many years in Le Marin is reflected by an economic and administrative attractiveness that can be measured by the high level of services available on the municipality territory.
The nonstop European label "Label Bleu» award since 2006 is a quality tribute to the harbour facilities including the modern fairing area and unique boatlift facilities in the west Indies.
Through its membership in the ODYSSEA European Grouping of Cooperation (GEC), Le Marin wishes to stand as a major player in local development in Martinique.
The “Communauté d'Agglomération Espace Sud Martinique” is leading this project and the involvement of Le Marin in the Mini-Transat 6.50, enhancing the race notoriety, will promote and valorise Martinique as a nautical and tourist destination.
This operation, through the Mini-Transat, race meets several targets:
- Create, through the Odysea project, a training center for young sailors in Le Marin, preparing some local sailors for the next mini transat
- Hosting the race with the setting up of a village of arrival for the sailors.
- Develop the nautical sector by setting up programs and training activities in relation with professionals, boating associations and high schools.
- Inform and sensitize the population to the great potential of the sea trades.
- Valorise the destination of the Marin and the whole Martinique.